One of our favourite dishes at Dune Distilling Co that we can't help but share with you to enjoy at home.
A classic, that celebrates both the bright citrus flavours of the Dune Distilling Signature Gin and the natural flavours of fresh fish.
This dish is particularly special to make for a celebratory occasion, dinner party or summer weekend lunch in the backyard.
The dish requires quite a lot of time for the curing so be mindful to prepare your ingredients in plenty of time prior to your event.
Salmon curing mix
1 Side of Salmon - Skin off
1kg of table salt
Zest of 1 lemon
8 x 30ml shots of Signature Gin
- Curing Mix - Combine sugar, salt, gin, lemon zest and juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Prepare Salmon - With a filleting knife, clean side of salmon and put to one side ready for curing.
- Lay a length of cling film longer than your salmon out on a bench
- Make a small layer of curing mix on cling film and place salmon on top and cover salmon with remaining curing mix
- Wrap salmon as well as possible in cling film and place on a tray in fridge for a minimum 8 hours / maximum 24, turning salmon over half way through curing time
- Remove from fridge, unwrap, rinse with cold water and pat dry
- Slice thin with sharp knife and serve
Place slices of Salmon on a gorgeous serving dish and serve with slices of fresh citrus and dollops of citrus sour cream.
A serving of tostadas alongside the salmon is another beautiful way to enjoy this dish.